How To Clean a Tent
Tents do not have to be cleaned more than once a year but when a tent becomes caked with mud or filled with debris it is usually time to clean the tent. Follow these methods to clean a tent:
- On a warm sunny day set the tent up in the backyard.
- Remove all the debris from the inside of the tent.
- Use a soft brush or rag wash with water. A light detergent may be used if it is highly diluted.
- Spray soap and dirt from tent.
- Make sure tent is dry before putting the tent away.
- If the rain fly is separable, hang on a clothes line or over some lawn chairs.
- DO NOT pack away anything that is still wet or damp.